Simon Katich rules out board bid, sees more heads rolling

Cricket

Cricket Australia has been under siege since last week’s release of the Longstaff review, which was commissioned in the wake of the ball-tampering scandal in Cape Town.

Shared News | Published: November 7, 2018 12:14:26 pm

Simon Katich has ruled out taking a role on Cricket Australia’s embattled board and predicted that the bloodletting will continue in the wake of a scathing review into the governing body’s culture.

Former test batsman Simon Katich has ruled out taking a role on Cricket Australia’s embattled board and predicted that the bloodletting will continue in the wake of a scathing review into the governing body’s culture. Cricket Australia has been under siege since last week’s release of the Longstaff review, which was commissioned in the wake of the ball-tampering scandal in Cape Town.


Chairman David Peever resigned last Thursday after his position became untenable and the board’s longest-serving director, former Australia captain Mark Taylor, quit on Monday citing the toll of a tumultuous period for Australian cricket.

While announcing his resignation, Taylor said he hoped a former player would replace him on the board and nominated respected pundit Katich among a handful of potential successors. But Katich said his media roles and family commitments ruled him out of the job.



Leave a Reply